View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackMasta
HackMasta
Site Overlord
Staff Sergeant

re: Computer Problems, The Elusive Culprit

Some of you may remember about me complaining that my rig was experiencing a few complications that made online gaming or using my gaming rig at all almost impossible. After nearly a year and replacing more components then I can remember I think I finally found the fix.

The fix that really bothered me happened to be a software issue from Windows 7 Service Pack 1. It caused some computers to stream video from online for more then a few minutes before it would cause the system to hang for minutes, or completely freeze. Microsoft lauched a fix, but instead of including it in the auto updates it's an optional update you have to manual select to install. Apparently, had I known , that issue could have been fixed over 6 months ago.

Now for the elusive culprit. I blamed all the issues of my rig on every component except my power supply. I figured it's brand new, the system powers on, and MB and Bios sensors aren't reading any issues. WRONG! The Corsair GS700 PSU was pretty much faulty from the day of install and I just didn't realize. So over a year later I started getting a 3.3V Rail Error and then a few other rails went off before the computer shut off. After doing some research that was a common issue in the Corsair GS PSUs and the line was recently discontinued.

So I will be testing the machine over the next few days to see if there is any improvement with the new PSU. Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll be able to play online again.

Sergeant

re: Computer Problems, The Elusive Culprit

Fucking goddammit Corsair! 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Raging Primates Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum